Today is the second day of diwali which is called as Naraka chaturdashi and I prepared rava kesari to make the occasion special . I had bookmarked this recipe long back and finally made it today . A very simple yet tasty preparation . Rava kesari is nothing but our own ‘Sheera ‘ . Have a safe diwali dear readers !
Recipe adapted from : rakskitchen
Bombay rava – 1/2 cup
Water – 1 1/2 cups
Sugar – 3/4 – 1 cup
Ghee – 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder – a generous pinch
Orange food colour / kesar soaked in milk – a pinch (optional)
- Take a thick kadai add ghee and roast rava until you get a good aroma .
- Add boiled water little by little and keep mixing .
- See that there are no lumps .
- Cook it on slow flame for few minutes .
- Add sugar and mix it well .
- Add kesar / colour , cardamom powder at this stage .
- Cook until the mixture thickens on low flame .
- It will take few minutes .
- Grease a square tin and transfer the mixture in the tin .
- Smoothen it well .
- Cool and slice it into square or diamond shapes .