Christmas is incomplete without the preparation of plum cake or fruit cake . This fruit cake is called boiled fruit cake since the fruits are not soaked but boiled . Amma shares her birthday on this lovely month and she loves fruit cake . So I got an opportunity to bake this cake on her birthday and everyone loved it . This Christmas I’m in a mood to try different recipes of fruit cake . There was a time I was hesitant to try this Christmas beauty since I lacked confidence . I found this interesting recipe in a f.b food group , recipe by a member named Raisa Munshi . She says that this cake tastes better if it is baked a day before and can be stored for 4 to 5 days in the refrigerator or more .Until then stay tuned for more interesting recipes ! Merry Christmas dear readers !!!
Dark raisins -1 cup
Golden raisins – 1 cup
Butter – 1/4 cup
Brown sugar – 1 cup
Cinnamon powder – 1/2 tsp
Ginger powder – 1/2 tsp
Orange juice – 1/2 cup
Tutty fruity – 1/2 cup
Orange zest – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Water – 1/2 cup
Eggs – 2
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Chopped nuts – 1/2 cup
Flour – 1 1/2 cups
Baking soda – 1 tsp , fresh
- Grease a loaf tin or any tin and line it with butter paper.
- Preheat the oven at 180 d.c .
- Soak the tutty fruity in orange juice for 30 minutes .
- Take a pan add deseeded dark raisins , golden raisins ,sugar and butter .
- Add cinnamon powder , ginger powder and water .
- Boil it for 3 – 4 minutes , reserve the water .
- Cool the mixture .
- Drain tutty fruity and reserve the orange juice ,
- Beat eggs , add essence, juice , chopped nuts , flour , baking soda and zest .
- Add boiled fruit mixture .
- Transfer the mixture in the greased tin .
- Bake it for 50 to 55 minutes or until done .
- Cool the cake and then slice it with a serrated knife .