I had baked this goodness sometime back from fondbites bakealong #96 . Subhashini Ramsingh ma’am , my fondant guru , gives us amazing full proof recipes which we can blindly prepare . Almost all the recipes are tempting and I have tried few recipes . Many recipes are in my to do list . I have exactly copied the recipe except that I ignored adding eggs and giving eggwash . Stay tuned for more interesting recipes !
Recipe adapted from : Fondbites bakealong #96
Tomatoes – 4, large – Pureed
Garlic – 5 pods
Chilly flakes – 1 tablespoon
Mixed spices – 2 tablespoons
Salt – 1 teaspoon, adjust
Olive oil – 2 tablespoon
Water – 1/4 cup
Coriander leaves – 2 tablespoons
Capsicum – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Cheddar cheese – 1/2 cup
Milk – 1 tablespoon
- Add Flour, yeast, salt, sugar, milk powder, baking powder, melted butter, oil, in the bowl of your electric beater.
- Beat for 1 minute on medium speed until just all the ingredients are combined together.
- Pour the luke warm milk while the mixer is still running.
- Beat in medium speed until milk is completely incorporated in the dough.
- Continue beating on medium high speed for 5 to 8 minutes until the dough becomes smooth and shiny.
- You are developing the gluten at this stage.
- If you are kneading by hands, make sure to knead for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the dough in a bowl coated with oil.
- Make sure to coat oil all over the dough.
- Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and leave in a warm place for 1 to 1.5 hours to double in volume.
- Until the dough is resting, prepare the sauce for filling.
- Heat oil in a saucepan.
- Fry the garlic pods for a minute.
- Make sure the garlic pods don’t brown.
- Add the tomato puree and let it boil.
- Add water and once it boils bring down flame to low.
- Add salt, chilly flakes, spices and mix well.
- Once the sauce has thickened enough, add chopped coriander leaves and let it cool.
- Check if the dough is double in volume.
- Punch it down.
- Release air from the dough and knead it briefly.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle which is 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread the sauce all over the rolled dough.
- Sprinkle finely chopped capsicum/any toppings of choice and the grated cheese.
- Roll the dough lengthwise.
- Use a sharp knife to cut them vertically down.
- Line a baking tray with oil and place the rolls spaced just an inch apart.
- Cover with damp cloth and let it prove again for 15 minutes until they double in size.
- Brush the top of the rolls with milkwash.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 15 minutes at 200 degree C.
- As soon as the rolls are out of the oven, brush them with olive oil.