I had prepared this goodness for fondbites bake along #80 long back . And I thought its high time to share the recipe in the space and on popular demand too. I have followed the recipe exactly as per Subhasini ma’am and it was a super duper hit at our place . The result was simply fantastic.
Recipe adapted from : fondbites
Vegetable oil – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp
Egg – 1
Vanilla extract – 1tsp
Flour – 1 cup plus 2 tbsp
Cocoa powder – 1/2 cup
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/8 tsp
Buttermilk – 2/3 cup
Kitkat bars – 12
Ingredients for the caramel milk chocolate whipped cream:
- Milk Chocolate – 300 gms
- Dairy fresh cream – 100 gms
- Caramel sauce – 1/2 cup(Check here)
- Whipping cream – 1/4 cup, cold
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degree C.
- Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Add sugar and oil into the bowl .
- Beat the both on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and beat again for 2 minutes on medium speed until they combine well and becomes fluffy.
- Add 1/3rd of the flour cocoa mixture and beat on slow speed until the flour is just incorporated.
- Add half of the buttermilk and beat on slow speed just until incorporated.
- Add the second 1/3rd portion of the flour and beat again on slow speed just until incorporated.
- Add the remaining butter milk and beat on slow speed, followed by the final portion of the flour mixture and beat just until incorporated.
- Do not over mix.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the batter into each prepared cupcake pan.
- Gently press the kitkat pieces into the batter.
- Add 1 tbsp of the batter to cover the kitkat pieces.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until done.
- Cool on wire rack.
Method for the icing:
- Roughly chop the chocolate and add it into a microwave safe bowl.
- Pour the cream into the bowl.
- Microwave on high power for 1.30 minutes.
- Mix well with a spoon to check if chocolate is melted completely.
- If not microwave again in 30 second interval until chocolate melts completely.
- Cool completely to room temperature.
- Chill the ganache in the refrigerator for few hours.
- Add the cold ganache into the bowl .
- Mix caramel into it.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Beat for 5 minutes.
- Add the whipping cream and beat on medium speed for 3 minutes until the frosting becomes fluffy and stiff.
- Pipe as desired.