As promised I’m sharing the recipe of caramel syrup today . This is an important recipe for those who love baking. Caramel syrup is used to bake caramel cake and also in plum cakes. This can also be used to drizzle over desserts. The ingredients of the recipe is very few and the recipe looks very simple. But I learnt to prepare this syrup with practice and trial and error. Once you hook the technique it is very easy to prepare. Some recipe calls for only sugar while caramelizing but it didn’t work for me. I always add little water while caramelizing. Stay tuned for more interesting recipes!
Recipe adapted from : Gayatris cookspot
Sugar/brown sugar – 2 cups
Water – 1/2 cup
Water – 1 cup
- Take a thick pan and add sugar and 1/2 cup water together.
- Allow the sugar to melt .
- Bring it to boil.
- Use a spatula and mix it.
- Wait until the sugar caramelizes or changes the colour .
- I love dark colour so wait until you want the desired colour.
- The place will be filled with the aroma of caramel.
- Once its done add the water carefully by keeping the caramel in low flame.
- You may also remove the pan from the flame and add water .
- Keep the pan back on flame and take a boil.
- Cool it and store in a container.
- Once it cools it will slightly thicken.
- For better results use brown sugar.