Butterscotch is one of our favourite flavour in the cake and an eggless bake makes it complete. I had tried this recipe sometime back .The cake tasted very good with the crunch of butterscotch chips and was soft in texture though a little bit sticky due to butterscotch chips I guess. Nevertheless I could slice it beautifully. For conversion of measurement check this link . Today is the birthday of my dear Papa who passed away recently who is still in our hearts and I dedicate this post to him . I have baked an eggless cardamom cake in his memory which I will share the recipe in the space in the coming days. Happy birthday dear Papa!
Recipe adapted from : Sharmis passions
All purpose flour – 1 1/2 cups
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Butterscotch chips – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Oil – 1/8 cup (2 tbsp)
Melted butter – 1/8 cup(2 tbsp)
Butterscotch essence – 1tsp
Water – 1/2 cup
Thick curd – 1/2 cup
Vinegar – 1 tbsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Grease a loaf tin with butter and line it with a butter paper.
- Preheat the oven at 180 d.c for 15 minutes.
- Take a mixing bowl ,sieve maida and baking powder.
- In another bowl mix sugar, water , oil and melted butter.
- Add essence , mix until sugar melts completely.
- In another bowl mix curds ,vinegar and baking soda.
- Wait until it turns frothy, then add this mixture to the curds mixture.
- Mix it together.
- Add sieved flour little by little and mix it all.
- Lastly coat the butterscotch chips with a tsp of maida.
- Add it to the batter and mix it.
- Transfer the batter into the grease loaf tin .
- Top it with few butterscotch if you want.
- Bake it for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Adjust the temperature of the oven as per your oven.
- Cool it completely and slice it with a serrated knife.