Hello dear readers ! Its been a long time since I blogged and was missing blogging very badly. Today I will share an easy peasy recipe of tomato gojju. This gojju tastes very good and compliments well with chapathi. This is my aunt Pushpakka’s recipe and a keeper. I have prepared this gojju numerous time on popular demand . Stay tuned for more interesting recipes!
Recipe adapted from : Pushpa Pai
Tomato – 1/2 kg
Green chilly – 3, slit
Oil – 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – few
Asafoetida – pinch
Groundnuts – handful (roasted,skinned and coarsely ground)
Sugar – 1/4 tsp (or jaggery)
Salt- to taste
- Wash , chop tomatoes finely.
- Take a pressure cooker and heat oil.
- Add mustard seeds and splutter it.
- Add curry leaves, chana dal and hing.
- Add chopped tomatoes,green chillies, salt and sugar.
- Add 1 cup water and take 3 to 4 whistles.
- Switch off the flame.
- Once the pressure releases open the lid.
- Add groundnut powder and reduce the gravy until it thickens.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot.
- You may add chilly powder for extra spice.
- You may also add rasam or sambhar powder.
- I used store bought roasted peanuts .