Thai papaya salad is prepared with raw papaya and is also called as Som Tom or Som Tam Salad . The recipe was shared by my good friend Suphala Shenoy and was tried by most of our friends .I personally loved this salad .The crushed peanuts and the dressing gives an extra punch to the dish . The preparation is very simple and the taste is too good. Goes well with the main course .
Recipe credit : Suphala Shenoy
Raw papaya – 2 cups grated
Carrot – 1 , grated
Tamarind pulp – 1 tbsp
Jaggery – 2 tbsp
Garlic – 2 , minced finely
Soya sauce – 1 tsp
Peanuts – handful(Roasted and powdered coarsely)
Chilly flakes – 2 tsp
Lime juice – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp chopped
Salt – to taste
- Take a bowl and add grated papaya and carrot.
- Mix together tamarind pulp, grated jaggery, soya sauce and chilly flakes .
- Add lime juice and minced garlic .
- Add the dressing to the grated ingredients.
- Add salt to taste and crushed peanuts.
- Mix everything together.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.