Hello dear readers ! I am back after a short break . Today I’m going to share the recipe of a non vegetarian dish ‘chicken kadipatha masala’ . The recipe was passed to me by my sister Shantha Nayak which she had come across a video in the net . And I made this on her popular demand .I love simple preparations these days and this was an easy peasy recipe too .
Chicken – 500 g
Ghee – 50 ml
Garlic – 15 , crushed and peeled
Onions – 2 , chopped
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Curds – 50ml
Salt – to taste
Coriander leaves- 2 tbsp,chopped/ to garnish
Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
Green chillies – 4-5 (optional)
Ingredients to be roasted :
Coriander seeds – 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
Cardamom – 3
Peppercorns – 2 tsp
Cinnamon – ½”
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 cup or more ( to be dry roasted separately)
- Dry roast curry leaves separately until crisp.
- Keep it aside.
- Dry roast all the ingredients mentioned together until you get a good aroma.
- Cool all the roasted ingredients and powder it.
- Heat ghee or oil in a pan , add crushed garlic and sauté it.
- Add onions and sauté further .
- Add turmeric powder , curds,chicken,green chillies and salt to taste.
- Cook until done.
- Lastly add few curry leaves and sauté for a minute.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot