I like to try interesting recipes especially Chaklis and Murukkus. This time I came across Sagoo murukku. It looked so interesting that I thought of trying it. And the result was successful. I made 2 batches of the same. Second time I doubled the quantity, so totally I made 3 batches. The murukkus turned crisp and light just perfect for the tea time snack. Happy Laxmi Puja everyone!
Recipe adapted from : Sharmispassions
Sagoo/ sabudana/tapioca pearls – 1/3 cup
Curds – 1/4 cup
Rice flour – 1 cup
Butter – 3/4 tbsp
Chilly powder – 1tsp
Cumin seeds/ jeera – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida/hing – 2 pinches
Salt – to taste
Water – 1/4 cup approx to make the dough
Oil – as much needed to deep fry
- Soak sagoo in the curds for 6 hours or more or overnight.
- Next morning add all the ingredients mentioned except oil .
- Make a soft dough adding water just as much as required.
- Take a murukku press.
- Add the dough.
- Heat oil and make murukkus .
- Fry it until it turns crisp and brown.
- Cool and store it in an airtight container.