I have prepared this idli number of times that I have lost the count. I had thought I had already shared the recipe in the space. I realized it recently when I put the recipe in search and could not find it. And finally found the pictures in the folder and I thought of sharing this jhatpat recipe as soon as possible. This is a very easy recipe and can be prepared when you have unexpected guests or at the time of urgency. I borrowed this recipe from Santoshi .
Thin poha / beaten rice – 1 cup
Curds -2 cups
Idli rawa – 1.5 cups
Salt – to taste
Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp (optional)
Water – as much as needed
- Soak poha and curds together for 15 minutes.
- Wash the idli rawa and keep it aside.
- Once soaked add salt to taste and baking soda.
- Mix it well.
- Add water if required.
- Don’t add more water.
- Grease the idli moulds and add a ladle of batter.
- Steam it for 20 minutes.
- Serve it hot with chutney.
- You may add curds either 1 cup or 2 cups and adjust the water consistency.
- I have tried both ways.