This one particular beautiful dessert which is liked by most of them and disliked by me is one which I hadn’t attempted to try until few days back as I don’t like eggy desserts where as for cakes its an exception. As I have shared with you’ ll earlier though I eat eggs , like I love egg curry and various egg dishes I dislike it in desserts or savories. But since my son and family loves this dessert very much I came out of my comfort zone and I experimented this with various proportions and nailed it. Most of the recipes in the net are similar either 5 or 6 eggs . I also tried with 3 eggs and with the bread but it didn’t hold the shape the way I expected . Stay tuned for more interesting recipes !
Eggs – 5 -6
Vanilla essence – 1tsp
Condensed milk – 1 tin
Milk – 1/2 litre/ 500ml
For the caramel :
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Water – 3 tbsp
- First keep the bowls ready.
- You may use separate ramekins or use a single tin.
- Take a saucepan to make the caramel and add sugar and water.
- Keep it on flame and melt the sugar and caramelize until dark brown in colour.
- Immediately pour and spread it in the bowl.
- Second step is to make the custard.
- Beat eggs , add essence, milk and milkmaid.
- Beat it together and pour it in the moulds.
- Steam it in the steamer for 30 minutes or steam it in the cooker without whistle.
- Once done , cool it and refrigerate for 5 – 6 hours.
- Serve it chilled.
- You may use either 5 or 6 eggs.
- You may also use sugar (1 cup ) instead of condensed milk.
- Using condensed milk holds good shape.
- I tried different variations and finalized with the above recipe.