This is a all time recipe at our place . This is a must to be made if I prepare Idiyappam . And why not? it compliments so well with Idiyappam. The recipe was shared to me by sister Shan and an easy peasy one too. Most of the times I love to prepare easy recipes. This is a popular Kerala dish . Each state has similar dish with little bit of variations. We G.S.B’ s prepare our version of stew called ‘Valval’ with some particular vegetables. Ofcourse I will share the recipe soon. Until then stay tuned for more interesting recipes!
Potato – 2, cubed
Carrot – 2 , cubed
Onion – 2 , sliced
Ginger – 1″ piece minced
Pepper powder – to taste
Salt – to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp
Green chilly – 2,slit
Cinnamon – 1″ piece
Sugar – 2 pinches
Coconut milk – 1.5 cups (thick) approx
- Heat oil in a pan, add Cinnamon and saute for few seconds.
- Add onions and saute it until translucent.
- Add green chillies and vegetables.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add water and cook it until just cooked.
- Once cooked add coconut milk as much as needed only.
- Add sugar and pepper powder.
- Adjust the consistency.
- Serve it hot.