Christmas is just over but I am still in the festive mood. Baking is my passion and I love to learn and experiment new recipes. I had tried this recipe sometime back and thought of sharing it today. A very easy peasy recipe and a must try bake. I found this recipe in a baking guild and I saved the recipe since it looked interesting. This can either be prepared with the Maida or wheat flour. I have tried with both . Merry Christmas and a happy new year dear readers !
Recipe courtesy : Preethi Adnala
Source : Smitten Kitchen
Wheat flour – 1 1/4 cup
Sugar powder – 2 tbsp
Chilly powder -1/4 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Butter – 55 g (chilled)
Chilled water -1/4 cup
- Sieve the dry ingredients .
- Add butter and mix it with hand until it resembles coarse sand.
- Add cold water as much as needed and make a soft dough.
- Close it with a lid and keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- Make a ball out of the dough and roll it as thin as possible.
- Use a cookie cutter and cut it into desired shape.
- Use a palette knife to lift the disks .
- Arrange it in a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven at 180 d.c for 10 minutes.
- Bake it for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Keep an eye while baking as it gets baked fast.
- Once cooled store it in an airtight container.