This is an authentic recipe of the g.s.b’s called as urad mooga dali polo . Urad dal is split black gram and mooga dali is split green gram. We actually pronounce as ‘ Udidu mooga dali polo’.. Amma prepares this dosa often . There was a time I would run by hearing the name of this dosa but now its a family favourite . Taste changes with the time and as we grow into mature adults. Of course I was talking about the time when I was a kid as I was a very poor and fussy eater. Coming back to the recipe I’m sharing my Amma’s recipe and almost all the recipe’s are the same with the slight variations. Dosa’s come out crisp and light. No one can eat just one. It is so very good. Above all it is very healthy.
Urad dal – 1 cup
Moong dal – 2.5 cups
Green chilly – 3
Ginger – 1/2″
Curry leaves – few, chopped
Salt – to taste
- Soak Urad dal separately for 3 hours.
- Soak moong dal for 2 to 4 hours separately .
- Grind urad dal into a fine and fluffy batter.
- Grind moong dal separately along with green chilly and ginger .
- Mix both the batter together.
- Add chopped curry leaves .
- Do not ferment.
- Make dosa by drizzling coconut oil.
- Roast both the sides.
- Serve it with coriander chutney.
- If you grind the dosa previous night refrigerate it.
- Next morning take the batter out from the fridge and make dosa.
- You may also add hing and chopped coriander leaves to the batter.