Hello dear readers ! Yesterday was ‘Womans Day ‘ and I took some time to make Bread halwa. Yes, you ‘ll heard it right. It is Bread Halwa which is prepared from Bread. I had first seen this recipe in my friend Aparna Kamath’s blog some years back and had decided to try it sometime. Recently I saw many bloggers try the same and I too was tempted to give it a try. Coming back to the recipe I referred few recipes and tried it out. The dish came out pretty good.
Bread – 6 -7 slices
Ghee – 2-3 tbsp
Milk – 2 cups
Sugar – 1/2 cup approx or to taste
Dry fruits – 2 tbsp, chopped
Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Remove the crust of the bread and chop it roughly.
- You may use the crust too.
- Heat ghee in a pan and roast the bread chunks.
- Roast it until it turns brownish.
- Once it turns brownish add milk and sugar.
- Keep it on low flame and keep on cooking.
- It will take 20 – 25 minutes to thicken.
- Cook it until it turns thick and brownish in colour.
- Add cardamom powder once it thickens.
- Switch off the flame once ghee starts leaving the pan.
- Garnish with roasted dry fruits.
- Serve it hot or warm.
- I suggest indulge it with some vanilla ice cream .
- Bliss !!!