This curry was prepared by my daughter Sanju sometime back . I had shared the recipe with my friends and they keep preparing it often.We all love this dish a lot. Thai dishes are a favourite at home. I have some stepwise pictures which I will share as of now and will edit with the remaining pictures soon when I prepare it again. I do not have proper measurements of this recipe. However I have mentioned the measurements randomly which I do to most of my posts.. I usually go with the eyeball measurements so did Sanju. You may adjust the flavours according to your tastebuds.
Kabuli Chana – 200 g
Paprika powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala powder or Curry powder – 1tsp
Salt – to taste
Coconut milk – 200 ml or 1 tetrapack
Ghee/butter/olive oil – 3 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp, chopped
To be ground into a paste:
Onions – 2
Tomato – 2
Green chillies – 2
Garlic – 3
- Soak chana in enough water overnight.
- Next morning pressure cook it for 3 whistles and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cook it until it gets cooked.
- Once the pressure releases open the lid.
- Add salt to taste and take a boil.
- Keep it aside.
- Ground the ingredients mentioned in the list to a fine paste.
- Heat ghee, splutter cumin seeds.
- Add the paste and saute until raw smell disappears.
- Add paprika powder and garam masala powder .
- Add boiled chana and check for salt.
- Lastly add coconut milk and take a small boil.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot.