I’m really surprised I’m finding so many interesting recipes in my folders which I have not yet shared in the space. Today I will share the recipe of Bhature. There are so many methods of Bhature and I like to try new recipes. Chole compliments well with Bhature with a dash of lime and some onions. For chole recipe check here and for Amritsari chole check here. For bhature recipe click here and click here for bread bhature.
Recipe adapted from : Veg recipes of India
Ingredients for the dough :
Whole wheat flour- 2.5 cups
Salt – 1 tsp or to taste
Ghee – 1 tbsp melted
Water – 1/3 to 1/2 cup
Oil – to deep fry
Ingredients for the overnight fermentation:
Curds- 3/4 cup
Baking powder- 1tsp
Sugar- 1/2 tbsp
Water -1/4 cup* add only if the curds is thick
Flour -3/4 cup
- Previous night mix the ingredients to a batter which is mentioned to be fermented.
- Keep it out overnight to ferment or ferment it for 8 hours.
- If you use thick set curds add water which is mentioned in the list of fermentation to dilute it.
- Cover the batter with a cloth and keep it in a warm place to ferment.
- Next morning we can see small bubbles on the surface of the mixture.
- Next morning take another bowl , add wheat flour,salt and rub ghee into it with your finger tips.
- Add the fermented mixture little at a time and the water.
- Make a dough with the 2 mixtures.
- Knead it for 5 – 6 minutes.
- Check salt.
- If the dough is thin add little flour and knead until it gets combined.
- Again cover it with a damp cloth and keep it aside for 2 hours.
- The dough will rise after 2 hours.
- Pinch a lemon sized ball and roll it into discs.
- Heat oil and deep fry until it puffs.
- Serve it hot with Chole.