Khandvi is a popular Gujarati snack . Some years back I learn’t the technique to prepare it from Santoshi . Ever since that I have prepared it countless times.. It can be prepared manually , in microwave or in pressure cooker. I’ve been following microwave method since a year. Special thanks to Santoshi Nayak for the link and Khandvi .Ever since I found this recipe it has become my comfort recipe to prepare Khandvi in Microwave. Next time would want to try pressure cooker method. I have already shared the manual methods of Khandvi in the space earlier. Khandvi is a favourite at our place. So I keep preparing it often. Do give it a try and send me back the feedback. All it takes is just 7 minutes.
Recipe Adapted from : Nishamadhulika.com
Gram flour – 1 cup (100 grams)
Curd – 1 cup (200 grams)
Water – 2 cups
Turmeric powder – less than 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida – 1 pinch
Oil – 1 tbsp
Oil – 2 tsp
Green chilly – 2 (minced)
Curry leaves – 8 to 10
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Sesame seeds – 1 tsp
Salt – 3/4 tsp or as per taste
For garnish :
Coriander leaves – 2 – 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
Grated coconut – 2 tbsp
- Take a mixing bowl and add curd, gram flour,add batter, salt, turmeric powder, asafoetida , 1 tbsp oil and 2 cups water.
- Mix it well and make a smooth batter by removing all the lumps.
- You may also prepare it in a mixer bowl.
- Transfer the batter in a microwave safe bowl .
- Place the bowl in microwave and cook for 2 minutes.
- Take out the bowl and stir nicely.
- Place back the bowl in microwave and cook for 2 minutes.
- Take out the bowl and stir again.
- Microwave for 2 more minutes.
- Take out the bowl again and stir the batter really well.
- Microwave for 1 more minute (we have microwaved the batter for 7 minutes) and take out the bowl.
- Stir the batter nicely.
- Batter for making khandvi is ready.
- For spreading the batter, take a plate or tray.
- There is no need to grease the plate with oil.
- Spread the khandvi batter over plate very thinly.
- With help of a spatula, spread the batter very thinly over the plate.
- Within 7 to 8 , batter cools and sets.
- Now using a knife, make 6 inch long and 2 inch wide cuts over this sheet.
- Now roll these strips.
- Place all the rolls over a plate.
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds .
- Once the mustard splutters, add sesame seeds,curry leaves and green chilies.
- Spread this tadka over the khandvi.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and grated coconut.
- Serve it with green chutney.