This recipe belongs to one of my favourite chef, Chef Sanjeev Kapoor. This was again in my to do list since a very long time. Since Santoshi makes this dish often and I get to taste whenever she prepares it I never got a chance to prepare myself. This time I had 2 packets of mushroom and I decided to make this dish to the earliest. The recipe is super easy . The rice is mildly flavoured with Star Anise. If you do not like the flavour you may ignore adding it . But since this is a Chinese dish star anise compliments well and no other spice comes to my mind for substitution. I prepared the curry in the mud pot which enhanced the dish. I’m very thankful to my cousin Giri from Calicut who had gifted me mud pot to prepare seafood dishes. I just love this pot very much. Adding (coloured) capsicum was Santoshi’s twist to make the dish colourful and also garnishing of spring onioins. Special thanks to her. I also added chilly flakes to make the gravy a bit spicy. I was also tempted to add green chillies in the curry.
Recipe courtesy : Chef Sanjeev Kapoor
Special thanks to : Santoshi Nayak
Ingredients for the mushroom pot curry :
Mushroom – 200g,sliced
Garlic – 3 tbsp,chopped finely
Ginger – 2 tbsp, grated
Vegetable cube – 1
Cornflour – 2 tbsp, diluted
Pepper powder -2 tsp or to taste
Chilly flakes – 1 tsp
Soya sauce – 2 tbsp
Spring onion – 1 bunch, cleaned and chopped (2 cups approx)
Green capsicum – 1/2, cut into strips
Red capsicum – 1/2, cut into strips
Yellow capsicum – 1/2, cut into strips
Oil – 1 tbsp
Ingredients to make rice:
Basmathi rice – 2 cups
Star anise – 3
Salt – to taste
Water – 4 cups
Method to make rice:
- I made rice in the electric rice cooker.
- Just add all the ingredients mentioned and cook until done.
- Manually boil the rice in four cups of water with star anise until just cooked.
- Drain the water.
- Keep it ready.
Method to make mushroom pot curry:
- Heat oil in a mud pot.
- Add garlic, ginger and saute until pinkish in colour.
- Add 1 cup of chopped spring onion greens and saute for few seconds.
- Add mushroom , soya sauce, vegetable cube, pepper powder, salt to taste.
- Add water and mix it well.
- Cook it for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add capsicum, cornflour paste, chilly flakes.
- Cook it for a minute.
- Dont overcook the vegetables.
- Curry is done.
How to proceed:
- Preheat the oven at 180 d.c for 10 minutes.
- Spread the rice in the mud pot.
- Add the curry , garnish with spring onion greens.
- Cover the pot with a lid or a foil.
- Bake it for 12 minutes .
- Serve it hot.