This is the #4 th recipe of Mushti Polo and there are still more to come. I just like to try new recipe’s. Dosa’s are a staple of G.S.B’s . This recipe was shared to me by my neighbour and super cook Vidyakka. Speciality of this dosa is, a special kind of rice called ‘cut sambar’ is used in the recipe. We get it easily in some local stores here…There are so many dosa pictures and food pictures in my folders that I need to recall the recipes deeply . Before it gets lost I will share the recipes one by one.
Recipe courtesy : Vidyalakshmi Shenoy
Urad dal – ¾ cup
Dosa rice – 1.5 cups
Cut sambhar rice – 1 cup
Fenugreek seeds – 1 tsp
Baking soda – 2 pinches
Salt – to taste
Sugar – 1tsp
- Soak urad dal, rice, cut sambhar rice and methi together for 2 hours.
- Grind it to a fine batter.
- Ferment it overnight.
- Next morning add salt to taste, sugar and baking soda.
- Beat the batter well.
- Pour a ladle of batter on the tawa and spread it.
- Drizzle oil or ghee , cover it with a lid.
- Once done serve it hot.