Some days back when I visited my aunt she was making pumpkin phodi during lunch time . I borrowed the recipe from her and tried it since there was pumpkin in stock . I liked the flavour very much and is very easy to prepare. We prepare the fritters slightly differently. I will share the recipe in the coming days.
Recipe courtesy : Laxmi Padiyar
Pumpkin – 12 slices
Chilly powder – 1 tsp
Sambhar powder – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Rice flour – 2 tbsp to dip
Oil – 2 tbsp approx
- Marinate salt,chilly powder and sambhar powder to pumpkin slices.
- Dip in rice flour.
- Heat tawa, drizzle oil and arrange pumpkin.
- Lower the flame and close with a lid for 2 minutes.
- Open the lid, flip it to the opposite side.
- Cook both the sides until done.
- Serve it hot.