I noted this recipe while I was watching a cookery show in some channel and the recipe belongs to Chef Kunal from My yellow table. I have prepared this soup countless times and is a favourite at home. Pumpkin is best consumed in the form of soup as it not liked in other forms at home. This recipe is a keeper.
Recipe credit : Chef Kunal
Pumpkin – 3 cups, skinned and cubed
Oil – 1tsp
Butter – 2tbsp
Onion – 1
Garlic – 3
Bay leaf – 1
Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
Carrot – 1/2 cup , cubed
Potato – 1 , cubed
Salt – to taste
Pepper powder – to taste
Sugar – to taste
Milk – 1 cup
- Heat oil and butter together.
- Add fennel seeds, bay leaf and saute for few seconds.
- Add onion, garlic and saute for few seconds.
- Add cubed pumpkin,carrot and potato.
- Cook it for sometime.
- Switch off the flame once cooked and discard bay leaf.
- Cool and puree it.
- Add water,milk and adjust the consistency.
- Add salt, sugar and pepper powder.
- Take a boil.
- Serve it hot.