This gojju is a popular Konkani dish prepared as an accompaniment with other dishes. This was my Papa’s favourite gojju and Amma would prepare it frequently. Recently while I went for my evening walk with my neighbour friend and as usual we were talking about recipes and food and potato tomato gojju was the topic of the day’s discussion. And I realized it was ages since I made this. Thus this gojju made its entry into my kitchen the next day. This gojju is a kind of mash potato. My neighbour also told me we can add finely chopped onion in this gojju. Adding curds or buttermilk is also optional.
Potato – 4,boiled
Tomatoes – 3, boiled
Green chilly- 2, minced or smashed
Coconut oil – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida – 2 pinches
Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
Curds – 1/2 cup ( optional)
Coriander leaves – few sprigs to garnish
Salt – to taste
- Mash potatoes and tomatoes together.
- Add salt to taste and curds if you are adding.
- Add water, minced green chillies and adjust the consistency.
- Heat oil, splutter mustard seeds, add cumin seeds,curry leaves and hing.
- Season it to the gojju.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.