This is the 2nd recipe of coconut burfi I’m sharing in the space. This time I tried from ‘cook with a smile’ food blog. The recipe came out so perfect that I made it nearly 7 to 8 batches and distributed among my dear ones. I love this recipe more because we do not have to check sugar string consistency. I have mentioned all the tips what I experienced since I tried many batches and studied about the settings of the burfi …The whole procedure to make this burfi is around 15 minutes to cook and few minutes to set..If not cooked right it will take time to set. If cooked right it will set immediately..This recipe is a keeper .
Recipe credit : Cookwithasmile
Grated coconut – 1 heaped cup( use only white gratings )
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Milk – 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder or essence – 2 pinches
Ghee – to grease the pan
- Grease a tin or thali and keep it ready.
- Pulse the coconut gratings in the mixer just once.
- Take a nonstick pan, add ground coconut,sugar and milk.
- Keep it on low flame and keep on stirring.
- After 5 minutes add cardamom powder or essence.
- Keep stirring until the mixture comes together and turns sticky.
- Dont make the mixture too dry.
- Once done transfer it in the greased tin .
- Use a greased rubber spatula and smoothen the top.
- Make the markings with a greased knife when still warm.
- After an hour burfi’s will be set.
- Separate it carefully.
- If not cooked right the burfi’s will be soft.
- You may refrigerate it if so and then separate the burfi’s.
- If overcooked the burfi’s will set within a minute.
- To loosen the burfi while separating, keep the tin on flame for few seconds.
- This will be easier to separate the burfi’s.