This is the 3rd sweet recipe of Diwali #20k17 . Dharwad peda is a popular Indian sweet which is famous in Karnataka. It is originated from Dharwad. To know more about this sweet you may check Wiki . This is a very easy recipe and the taste matches almost to the original . Stay tuned for Namkeens!!
Khoya/ Khoa – 200 g
Powdered sugar – 3/4 cup
Castor Sugar – 2 tbsp for coating
Milk – 2 tbsp approx
Ghee – 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Heat ghee in a thick kadai and add grated Khoya.
- Roast it until it turns brownish in colour.
- Keep the flame low.
- Add powdered sugar and keep stirring.
- Add cardamom powder and milk.
- Once the mixture forms a dough and leaves the sides switch off the flame.
- If it turns dry add a tsp of milk.
- Make small balls and coat it with castor sugar.