Hello dear readers! I have already shared 3 sweet recipe’s for Diwali 20k17 . Its high time to share a namkeen recipe. This year I tried Moong dal and fried gram chakli. I have various chakli recipe’s in the space. Each recipe is keeper . Happy Diwali cooking dear readers !! Stay tuned for more recipes!!
Moong dal – 1 cup
Fried gram – 1 cup
Rice flour – 2 cups
Chilly powder – 2 tsp
Black til – 1 tsp
Butter – 1 tbsp
Hot coconut oil – 1 tbsp
Hing – 2 pinches
Salt – to taste
Coconut milk – 100ml
Water – as much needed
- Dry roast moong dal and fried gram separately for few minutes on low flame.
- Cool and powder it.
- Take a mixing bowl, add 2 cups of rice flour and 2 cups of moong fried gram powder.
- Add coconut milk, chilly powder,washed til,hing,butter,salt to taste and hot oil.
- Mix it well.
- Add water and make a medium soft dough.
- Take a chakli press, grease it, add dough, shape chakli’s.
- If you find difficult in making chakli’s or if it breaks add 2 tbsp of wheat flour or leftover moong dal powder.
- Heat coconut oil, drop chakli carefully.
- Lower the flame and fry it until crisp.
- Higher the flame and take the chakli’s out always.
- Lower and higher the flame while frying.
- Cool and serve it in an airtight container.