Rang Pai poha chutney is a popular Mangalorean dish . I recently came to know about this dish through my friends MB and CK. MB had shared it in the group and CK was Nostalgic about the dish. MB was generous enough to share the recipe with us. Ck also called her Amma and confirmed the procedure of the recipe and shared it amongst us. I thank both of them for introducing me to this dish. The procedure is same as our normal poha chutney but the secret is roasting the poha and that enhances the taste of the dish. I prepared this with eye ball measurement as this does not have a accurate measurement.
Poha – 2cups or as much as needed
Mustard seeds – 1tsp
Coconut oil – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 2 sprig
Onion – 1 chopped finely
To be ground:
Grated coconut – 1cup
Coriander seeds – 2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Roasted long chilly/ Byadgi – 2
Salt – 1tsp
Jaggery – lemon sized
- Dry roast the poha for a minute or two until crisp.
- Coarsely grind the ingredients mentioned.
- Take it in a mixing bowl and chopped onions.
- Add poha as much as need and mix it well with your hands by pressing it.
- Season it with mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Have it immediately topped with sev.