Today is 3rd day of Diwali #20k17 and Laxmi puja is celebrated on this special day. Shakkarpare is a favourite at home. This time I tried my friend Jyo’s recipe . She said this is a no fail recipe recipe and doesn’t absorb oil too. And she proved it right. The recipe came out perfect. I have tried various recipes of Shakkarpare and have hooked it. Shakkarpare means sweet diamond cuts or sweet tukdi. I made it this evening and wanted to share it as soon as possible but since it was evening time I didn’t get good shots.
Recipe credit : Jyothi Nayak Kamath
Sugar – 1 cup
Water – 1 cup
Ghee – 1/2 cup
Salt – a pinch
Oil – as much needed to deep fry
Shakkarpare cutter or pizza cutter or knife
- Boil water and sugar together.
- Once it melts add ghee and switch off the flame.
- Once it cools a bit add maida, salt and make a medium soft dough.
- Cover and keep until you use.
- Make big balls and roll it into thick chapathis.
- Cut it into diamond shape with the cutter.
- Heat oil, deep fry carefully by adjusting the flame until it turns light brown in colour.
- Cool and store it in an airtight container.