I need to seriously update this section of the space. This pickle recipe was passed to us by our neighbour decades back. It was shared to them by their relative who got the recipe from her Andhra neighbour when she was in Andhra. I suddenly remembered about this pickle and searched in my F.b album and I found this picture along with the roughly typed recipe and I thought of sharing it in the space. As of now I am having only this picture . I will update with new pictures when I prepare the pickle.
Tomato – 1 kg
Tamarind – 1/4 kg
Table salt – 300g
Chilly powder – 150 g
Mustard seeds – handful/ 1/4 cup approx
Fenugreek seeds – 1/3 cup
Cumin seeds – 1tsp
Mustard seeds – 1tsp
Asafoetida – 3 pinches
Curry leaves – 3 sprigs
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Gingelly oil /Til oil – 1/2 lt
- Clean and wipe the tomatoes.
- Discard the stalk and the hard parts if any.
- Add tamarind,salt,turmeric powder and salt.
- Mix it and keep for sometime.
- Grind it in a mixer.
- Heat oil, splutter mustard seeds,cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Switch off the flame and add hing.
- Dry roast mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds separately.
- Cool and powder it.
- Add these powders in the seasoning.
- Cool the seasoning.
- Add chilly powder.
- Once the seasoning cools completely add tomato paste.
- Store it in a refrigerator.