Hello dear readers! Today I will share Aloo Kulcha recipe which I had tried long back from the blog vegrecipesofindia.com . This Kulcha comes out very good and goes well with any North Indian gravies. I had made Dum Aloo as a combination… Very soon I will share the recipe of “Sweet potato paratha”. Sounds interesting right ? Until then stay tuned for more interesting recipes!!
Recipe credit : vegrecipesofindia.com
Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
Maida – 1 cup
Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
Ghee or oil – 3tsp
Curds – 2 tbsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Water – 1/2 cup approx
Nigella seeds(kalonji) or til seeds – few to coat
Oil or ghee – to roast
Ingredients for the kulcha stuffing:
Potatoes – 4-5
Green chillies – 2 , finely chopped
Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
Amchur powder – 1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder- 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves- 2 tbsp, chopped
Salt – to taste
Method for the kulcha dough:
- Take a mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients.
- Mix it lightly with the spoon.
- Add curds, add water little by little and make a soft and smooth dough.
- Close it with a wet cloth and keep it aside for 2 hours.
Method for the stuffing:
- Cook the potatoes in the pressure cooker or steam cook it.
- Peel it.
- Mash it well with a fork or grate it.
- Add all the ingredients mentioned under the stuffing list.
- Mix until everything comes together.
- Make lemon sized balls and keep it ready.
How to make Kulchas? :
- After 30 minutes, knead the dough once again.
- Make medium sized round balls and flatten it.
- Roll it into 5″ discs.
- Place the stuffing , seal it well,flatten and coat it with til seeds.
- Dust it with flour and roll it into kulchas.
- Heat a griddle and roast it well on both the sides using ghee or oil.
- Serve it hot.