Hello dear readers ! After all those traditional dishes lets take a sweet break . Today I will share the recipe of eggless caramel custard . The recipe is same as my mango pudding but adding caramel makes it caramel custard. This recipe of Sarita Bhat had gone viral a year back. I would name this dish as caramel steamed yogurt but since it went viral as “eggless caramel custard” I will retain the same name.
Recipe credit : Sarita Bhat
Condensed milk -1 cup
Milk – 1cup
Thick set curds – 1 cup
Cornflour – 2 tbsp
Ingredients for Caramel:
Sugar- 1/4 cup
Water – 2 tbsp
- Take a pan, add sugar and water.
- Caramelize it until you get a desired colour.
- Pour it in a round cake tin or ramekins and spread it as soon as possible.
- Beat condensed milk, milk, cornflour and curds together.
- Add it in the caramel mould.
- Steam it for 15 minutes.
- Once cool, refrigerate it overnight or for few hours.
- Serve it chilled .