Hello dear readers! Today I will share the recipe of Gujarati khadi.The recipe was shared with me by my sister Shanta Nayak. She says that she tasted this khadi back in U.A.E. It was served with green moong . Every weekend they would eat out at a small Gujarati cafeteria just to have this humble khadi served with other Gujarati delicacies. And she re created it keeping that taste in mind. She had shared the recipe randomly in a food group and I am sharing the recipe here according to my eye ball measurement. I have already shared my mother in law’s khadi recipe earlier in the space.
Recipe and picture courtesy : Shanta Nayak
Meet my sister Shanta Nayak.
Curds – 1 cup
Ginger – 1/2″
Green chilly – 2, slit
Besan- 2 tbsp approx
Salt – to taste
Jaggery – 2tsp or to taste
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp, to garnish
Ingredients to season:
Ghee – 1 tsp
Oil – 1tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Long red chillies – 2
Hing – 1 pinch
Cinnamon – 1/2″
Cloves – 1
- Add 1 cup of water to the curds and beat it well.
- Add besan and mix it well.
- Remove the lumps if any.
- Add salt to taste, green chillies, ginger and jaggery.
- Keep it on flame and take a boil.
- Heat ghee and oil, splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds,Curry leaves, cinnamon stick,cloves, dry red chillies and hing.
- Season it to the khadi.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- If the consistency is thick add water and adjust.
- If the consistency is thin add besan to thicken.