Hello dear readers! This is the 7th recipe of Mushroom biryani in the space. I love making rice dishes . Biryanis and pulav making are my forte. I feel I have inherited it from my Amma as she makes the worlds best pulav. Coming back to this recipe I stumbled upon it in a food group and checked the you tube link which was provided . I prepared it the next day and I also checked with my other biryani recipes and thought of sharing it in the space since this was slightly different from my other recipes.
Recipe credit : getcurried
Ingredients for the rice:
Basmathi rice – 2 cups
Cardamom – 5
Cinnamon – 1 ”
Cloves – 3- 4
Ghee – 2 tbsp approx
Saffron – 1 pinch soaked in milk
Water – 4 cups, use same cup which you measured the rice.
Salt – to taste
Ingredients for the curry:
Mushrooms – 300g
Green chillies – 4, chopped
Onion – 4 , chopped finely
Tomatoes – 3, chopped
Garlic paste -1 tsp
Ginger – 1 tsp , grated
Coriander leaves – handful, chopped
Mint leaves – 3 tbsp, chopped
Black cumin seeds – 1tsp
Cinnamon – 1/2 ”
Cardamom – 4
Cloves – 4
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp, coarsely ground
Chilly powder – 1 tsp
Haldi powder – 1/4 tsp
Cream or cashewnut paste – 1/4 cup approx
Ingredients to garnish:
Brown onions-1 cup
Saffron-1 pinch,diluted in milk
Mint leaves-1/4 cup,chopped
Coriander leaves-1/4 cup,chopped
Kewra essence-1 tsp(optional)
Rose water-1 tsp(optional)
Method for the rice:
- Wash the rice and soak it in the water mentioned above with all the ingredients for 10 minutes.
- Cook it in a rice cooker or normal cooker for 1 whistle.
- I cooked it in a rice cooker.
- Once cooked,separate the grains slightly and cool it completely.
- Keep it ready.
Method for the curry:
- Don’t wash the mushrooms, just clean it with a clean damp cloth and remove the skin.
- Discard the brown stalk if any.
- Slice it into 2
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add whole spices.
- Add onions and fry until light red in colour.
- Add garlic paste and ginger and fry until raw smell disappears.
- Add tomatoes and saute until mushy.
- Add chilly powder, haldi powder, coriander leaves, mint leaves and green chillies.
- Add mushrooms, salt to taste and close the lid.
- Cook it until done.
- Add cream or cashewnut paste and mix it well.
- Keep it ready.
How to proceed :
- Take a borosil bowl,add a layer of mushroom curry.
- Spread a layer of rice.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Sprinkle saffron milk,brown onions,kewra essence,rose water.
- Repeat the procedure with final layer as rice.
- Garnish all the ingredients and lastly add 2 tbsp of ghee.
- Cover it with a cling film.
- Microwave it for 10 minutes.
- Serve it hot.