Hello dear readers ! Today I will share one of the healthy recipe called as “Sabasige soppu upkari” . Sabasige soppu means Dill leaves. This green is very healthy especially post delivery . It purifies and fills the blood. The greens resemble like tender coriander leaves and is one of my personal favourite. It has a distinct smell which some dislike but if its cooked right it tastes the best. I also read that Dill is a weed. I first tasted this after my 2nd delivery. And I started liking it after I tasted Santoshi Nayak’s preparation.
Recipe credit: Santoshi Nayak
Dill leaves/ Sabasige soppu – 2 bunches
Onions – 2, chopped
Green chilly – 2, sliced
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 2 pinches
Curry leaves – few
Oil – 1 tbsp approx
Salt – to taste
Sugar- 1 pinch
Hing – 1 pinch
Moong dal – 1/2 cup, washed or cooked sprouted moong
- Wash and chop the soppu.
- Heat oil, splutter mustard seeds, add cumin seeds, curry leaves,hing and haldi powder.
- Add onions and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add washed moong dal,water and cook it until half cooked.
- Add chopped soppu,pinch of sugar, green chilly,water and salt to taste.
- Lower the flame and cook it until done.
- Serve it hot.