Hello dear readers! Today I will share a traditional g.s.b dish called as Tendle buthi. Tendle means Ivy gourd. This dish is flavoured with garlic. Amma prepares this often and adds loads of garlic. Best accompaniment with this dish is “Dhali thoy ” served with rice. These are some of the treasured recipes.
Ivy gourds – 1/2 k.g
Grated coconut -1 cup
Tamarind – marble sized
Roasted short chillies – 2
Roasted long chillies – 3
Coriander seeds – 2 tsp
Coconut oil – 2 tsp
Garlic – 10 – 12 or more, peeled and smashed a bit
Salt – to taste
- Wash the ivy gourds well.
- Remove the stalks from both the ends.
- Slightly smash it with the pestle.
- Grind grated coconut,chillies, tamarind and coriander seeds to a coarse masala.
- Transfer the ivy gourds in a vessel, add salt to taste and 1 cup of water.
- While it gets half cooked add garlic and cook it until just cooked.
- Dont overcook the ivy gourds.
- Add masala and saute it well.
- Lastly drizzle oil and saute it for 2 minutes.
- Serve it hot with dhali thoy and rice.