Hello dear readers! Today I will share an one pot recipe of Vegetable biryani. This recipe was shared by my sister in law Santoshi Nayak. I like to try different rice recipe’s . Many a times I look for easy recipe’s and this is one among them. This can be had with raita or just like that.
Recipe credit : Santoshi Nayak
Basmathi rice – 1 cup
Methi leaves/ fenugreek leaves – 1 cup
Mixed vegetables – 1 cup, (potatoes,green peas, cauliflower, carrot)
Cashewnuts – handful
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
Fennel seeds – few
Whole garam masala – few
Coconut milk – 1/2 cup
Water – 1 1/2 cups
Salt – to taste
Ghee – 2 tbsp approx
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker, add fennel seeds and whole garam masala.
- Add sliced onions and saute until pinkish in colour.
- Add chunks of potatoes and fry it for a while.
- Add ginger garlic paste,haldi powder and saute it.
- Add green chilly and methi and saute for few minutes.
- Add vegetables, cashewnuts,salt to taste and washed rice .
- Add water and coconut milk.
- Close the lid and take exactly 1 whistle and switch off the flame.
- Once the pressure releases open the lid.
- Serve it hot.