Hello dear readers! Today I will share a recipe from our g.s.b cuisine. It is called as tendle talasini. Talasini is flavoured with garlic. Tendle means ‘ivy gourd’ .This is one of my personal favourite . I love it when it is roasted well or even slightly burnt. Usually this dish is cooked and roasted in oil. We also prepare talasini with beans.
Tendle / Ivy gourd – 1/2 kg
Garlic – 15
Coconut oil – 2 tbsp approx
Red chillies – 4 -5 broken(I add short and byadgi)
Salt – to taste
- Wash the Ivy gourds well.
- Remove both the ends of it if you want.
- Take a mortar and pestle and smash it.
- Don’t over smash it.
- The tendli’s must be smashed but remain whole.
- Apply salt to ivy gourds.
- Smash garlic, see that each garlic is smashed, if not it will jump while roasting since we retain its skin .
- Take a pan, add coconut oil and smashed garlic.
- Saute it until reddish in colour.
- Add red chillies and saute it for few seconds.
- Add marinated ivy gourds.
- You may add water , close it with a lid.
- Keep stirring it very often to avoid burning.
- Cook it until 3/4th cooked.
- Once cooked, open the lid, higher the flame and roast it well.
- Add generous amount of oil if you want roasted talasini.
- Serve it hot.