Hello dear readers! Seafood is my all time favourite especially if it is home cooked. Since I decided to make separate posts for every fish I decided to share ‘Lepa pannaphkari’ recipe today. When the fish is baby it is called as ‘Nung’ and when it grows it is called as ‘Lepa’ or Sole fish. We usually discard the skin of the fish . Earlier we would cut the fish at home on “Adoli” but now there are many helpers in the market specially who do only the cutting part. So, it is very convenient for us.There are some fish which is safe to have anytime and this is one among them. ‘Lepa'(Sole fish), ‘Paiyye’, ‘Kane'(lady fish) are considered as good fish in g.s.b community. It is also served to ladies after few days of delivery specially “Alle Piyava ghashi” .
Nung/ Lepa/ Sole fish -4
Onions-5 chopped finely
Chilly powder-4-5 tsp
Tamarind pulp-marble sized
Water-As much as needed for the gravy.
Salt – to taste
- Cut the sides fish, strike off the skin from both the sides and cut the fish into medium sized pieces.
- Wash it well.
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry onions till reddish in color.
- Simmer the flame and add chilly powder and fry for few seconds.
- You may also off the flame and fry chilly powder so that it doesn’t burn.
- Add tamarind pulp,water as much as needed to adjust the gravy and salt to taste.
- Take a boil and add fish pieces and simmer for 5 – 6 minutes.
- Relish it with boiled rice.