Hello dear readers! Today I’m going to share an interesting recipe called as ‘Pioneer woman’s cinnamon rolls’. I had tried these rolls long back from Divya’s blog and followed the instructions step by step. The recipe is explained in detail and doesn’t require kneading unlike most of the bread recipe’s .
Recipe credit : divyascookbook
Milk- 1 cup/ 250 ml
Sugar- 1/4 cup/ 50g
Oil- 1/4 cup/ 62.5 ml
Instant yeast – 1tsp
Flour -2 cups / 250g +1/4 cup/30g
Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 3/4 tsp
Ingredients for the filling:
Melted Butter – 1/4 cup/50 g
Sugar/Brown sugar – 1/4 cup/50 g
Cinnamon powder – 1 tbsp
- Take a saucepan and mix together milk, sugar and oil.
- Bring it to a boil and switch off the flame.
- Let the liquid turn lukewarm, it will take 30 minutes approx.
- Once it turns lukewarm add yeast, flour and mix it well with a wooden spatula.
- The dough will be sticky.
- Cover it with wet cloth or cling film and keep it in a warm place to double.
- It will take an hour or more.
- Once it has doubled in size, add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix it well until well incorporated.
- Refrigerate the dough for an hour or even overnight.
- Dust the work surface freely with flour.
- Dust the top and bottom of dough with flour.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape.
- Then roll out as thin as possible.
- Dust the dough and work surface with flour when necessary.
- Mix cinnamon powder and sugar.
- Brush the rolled out dough with melted butter.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture evenly over the surface.
- Add chopped chocolate or chocochips.
- Start from the opposite end of the dough, roll the dough neatly in a line towards you.
- Roll as tightly as possible.
- Dust fingers with flour if the dough feels sticky.
- Pinch the seams to seal.
- Cut into even slices and arrange on baking pan lined with parchment paper (or greased with butter).
- Place the rolls close together so that they are almost touching.
- Cover and leave to rise for 30 minutes or until the rolls double in size.
- During the last 10 minutes of this proving, pre-heat oven to 175 d.c .
- Bake in oven for about 25 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
Mix all of the ingredients mentioned under the glaze list and pour it over the cinnamon rolls while they are still in the pan.
Give the glaze some time to set.
- In the 1st step if the liquid has turned cold heat it until lukewarm.
- The yeast wont act if the liquid is too hot or cold so it is very important for it to be lukewarm
- Once the rolls are cut and arranged in the pan it can be left to chill in the fridge over night and baked the next morning by getting it into room temperature and proving to double in size.
- But if it has doubled in size bake it right away.
- You may also make Nutella rolls by applying Nutella while rolling.