Hello dear readers! Today I will share a recipe of vegetable dum biryani . I had tried this recipe recently and it came out very well. I partly followed the recipe from cookingshooking and Rajashree food. Though the recipe looks lengthy cooking procedure is easy. You may follow your own method too.
Ingredients for the rice:
Basmathi rice- 2 cups
Saffron- 2 pinches diluted in a tbsp of milk
Salt-2 tsp approx or to taste
Method for the rice:
- Wash the rice well and soak it in the water for 10 minutes.
- Cook it in a rice cooker or normal cooker for 1 whistle.
- I cooked in a rice cooker.
- Add rice , whole garam masala, water,ghee and salt to taste.
- Once the rice is cooked add saffron milk all over.
- Separate the grains with a fork and cool it completely.
- Keep it ready.
Ingredients for the biryani gravy:
Carrot – 1,cut it lengthwise
Beans – 5 -6, cut it lengthwise
Cauliflower – 2 cups
Paneer – 100 g, cubed
Potato – 2
Capsicum – 1, cut into chunks
Biryani masala powder – 2 tbsp
Shahi jeera – 1 tsp
Ginger paste – 1 tsp
Garlic paste – 1tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder – 1tsp
Mint leaves – 1 cup , chopped
Coriander leaves – 1 cup , chopped
Green chilly – 2-3 slit
Coconut milk – 1 cup
Fried onions – 4
Curds – 1/2 cup
Ingredients to garnish:
Brown onions- 2 onions ,sliced and deep fried
Saffron-2 pinches,diluted in tbsp of milk
Mint leaves-1/4 cup,chopped
Coriander leaves-1/4 cup,chopped
Kewra essence-1 tsp(optional)
Rose water-1 tsp(optional)
Cashewnuts – handful, roasted
Raisins – few , roasted
- Deep fry sliced onions until crisp and keep it ready.
- Deep fry cauliflower florets and keep it aside.
- Deep fry potato cubes and keep it aside.
- Deep fry paneer cubes and keep it ready.
- Take a bowl , add curds, coriander powder, biryani masala powder,chilly powder, green chillies, salt to taste, coriander leaves and mint leaves .
- Add Carrot, green peas and beans in the curds and mix it.
- Heat ghee in a thick pan , add shahi jeera and whole garam masala.
- Add ginger paste, garlic paste and fry until raw smell disappears.
- Add vegetable curd mix and fried onions.
- Cook until vegetables gets cooked until 3/4 th.
- Add fried potatoes,paneer and cauliflower.
- Add coconut milk.
- Cook over high flame until the gravy thickens.
- Lastly add capsicum and mix it.
How to proceed:
- Take a borosil bowl,add a layer of biryani gravy.
- Spread a layer of rice.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Sprinkle saffron milk,brown onions,kewra essence,rose water.
- Repeat the procedure with final layer as rice.
- Top it with cashewnuts and raisins.
- Garnish all the ingredients and lastly add 2 tbsp of ghee.
- Cover it with cling film and microwave for 5- 6 minutes.
- Serve it hot with raita.