Hello dear readers! I’m back after a break. Today I will share a simple recipe of the g.s.b’s called as “Alsande upkari” . Alsando means long beans. Mangaloreans also call it ” Lattande” in the local language tulu. Coming back to the recipe we chop the beans either finely or medium size. So you may prepare upkari as you like. If you like it overcooked you may also prepare it in pressure cooker for 1 whistle. We like it just cooked .
Alsando/ long green beans- 1/2 kg
Red chillies – 4 , broken
Mustard seeds – 1tsp
Oil – 1tsp
Salt – to taste
Sugar – 1 pinch
Grated coconut – 2 tbsp(optional)
- Wash and chop the beans finely.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds and add red chillies.
- Saute it for 2 seconds and then add the chopped beans.
- Add 1/4 cup water, salt to taste and sugar.
- Close with a lid and cook it until 3/4 th done.
- Keep checking in between and add water if required.
- Once cooked garnish it with grated coconut.