Hello dear readers! Today I will share an interesting recipe which we prepare often and store it . This is garlic flavoured chutney powder. We may also prepare it with curry leaves. Whenever there is excess grated coconut I make this chutney powder. I learn’t this recipe from my Amma. Ganesh Chaturthi has almost come to an end and my belated wishes to all those who are celebrating. May lord Ganesha bring harmony and remove all obstacles from the world.
Grated coconut – 1 full coconut( 3 cups approx)
Garlic – 20,( peel it and smash it slightly)
Ghee – 1 tsp
Byadgi chillies – 6
Oil – 2tsp
Fried gram – 1/2 cup approx(powder it)
Jaggery – marble sized
Salt – to taste
- Pulse the grated coconut 2 times.
- Pulsing grated coconut will fasten the roasting process.
- Take a thick pan and roast the pulsed coconut until it turns red in color.
- Adjust the flame while roasting.
- Roasting time will take about 20 – 25 minutes.
- Once it turns red switch off the flame and allow it to cool.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil and roast the chillies until crisp.
- Cool it completely.
- Heat ghee and roast smashed garlic until red in colour.
- Add salt to taste,jaggery and powder the roasted coconut,roasted garlic chillies together.
- Powder the fried gram separately.
- Mix it with powdered coconut.
- Store it in an airtight container.
- Refrigerate it to store for a long time.