Tomato gojju is one of the very simple and common recipe . I learnt to prepare this gojju from my Mamama and I have been preparing this since long time . There are many variations with this recipe . This chutney goes well with Paan polo,chapathi or puri.
Rasam powder-2 tsp(or sambhar powder)
Chilly powder-1/4 tsp
Fenugreek seeds-10-12 seeds
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Curry leaves-2 sprigs
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan,splutter mustard seeds,add fenugreek seeds,curry leaves and fry for a second.
- Add turmeric powder,rasam powder,chilly powder and fry on low flame.
- Add chopped tomatoes,salt and sugar.
- Cover the lid and cook for 10 – 12 minutes unitl soft and pulpy.
- Serve it with dosa or chapathi.