Recipe adapted from:Sharmispassions
Rice flour-1 cup
Roasted gram-1 tbsp
Sesame seeds-1 tsp
Salt- to taste
Oil- to deep fry
- Roast the besan until you get a nice aroma for about 1 minute.
- Powder the roasted gram and use only 3 tsp of it.
- Sieve rice flour,roasted besan,gram flour.
- Mix butter,salt to taste,sesame seeds and the sieved ingredients.
- Add water little by little and make a sticky dough until all the ingredients incorporates together and doesn’t stick the bowl.
- The dough should be soft.
- Grease the chakli press,use star shape impression and fill it with the dough.
- Heat oil,press the murrukkus directly in oil carefully without overlapping.
- Pause for few seconds and gently keep turning the murrukkus upside down.
- Roast it on both sides until crisp and golden in colour.
- Store it in an airtight container.
Some stepwise pictures: