This is again my friend Aparna Kamaths recipe.Kaju means cashewnuts.This is a rich cashewnut curry where you get to relish cashewnuts in every bite.I bought store bought Khubus roti as a combination with this curry.For all those who love cashewnuts in any form will love this dish.I had first tasted Kaju masala in the wedding function and it used to be a very popular dish sometime back and one of my favourite too.If you do not like cashewnuts then you may prepare the same curry with paneer,egg,mushroom or even mixed vegetables.This is one of the semi dry gravy and goes well with rotis.
Recipe adapted from : Justindianfood
Cashewnuts – 1 1/2 cup (I used broken nuts)
Tomatoes-3 , pureed
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Sugar- 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1 1/2 tbsp
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Coriander leaves -2 tbsp to garnish
Ingredients for the paste:
Cinnamon- 1/2 ” piece
Cloves – 3-4
Cardamom – 2
Coriander seeds- 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
Dried red chillies – 5
Cashewnuts – 8
Garam masala powder- 1/2 tsp
Kitchen king masala – 1/2 tsp (optional)
Kasuri methi – 3 tsp
Amchur powder-1/4 tsp
- Grind the ingredients mentioned under paste and keep it ready.
- Roast broken cashewnut bits in ghee and keep it aside.
- In the same pan heat oil,fry paste on low flame until raw smell disappears.
- Add ginger garlic paste and kasuri methi and saute for a minute.
- Add all the spices and fry for one minute further.
- Lastly add tomato puree,salt to taste,sugar and saute for few more minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 to 2 cups of water and cook for few minutes.
- Add roasted cashewnuts and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.