Recipe adapted from :Sharmis Passions
Basmathi rice- 1 cup (I use India Gate)
Cashewnuts- 3 tbsp,broken
Green chilly – 1
Sweet corn kernels-1/4 cup
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
Mint leaves- 10 leaves
Water – 2 cups
To be coarsely powdered:
- Powder peppercorns and cardamom coarsely and keep it ready.
- Soak washed Basmathi rice for 10-12 minutes and then drain it and keep ready.
- Heat ghee in a cooker,season whole spices,green chilly,cashewnuts for a minute on low flame.
- Add pepper powder and saute until it bubbles.
- Add onions and saute until translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste, mint leaves,and saute for a minute.
- Add sweetcorn kernels, soaked and drained rice and saute for a minute.
- Add salt to taste and water,take a boil,check salt and close the lid.
- Take exactly one whistle and off the flame.
- Once the pressure releases open the lid and slightly fluff it with a fork.
- Serve it hot with gravy or just like that.