Curry leaves-3-4 sprigs
Tur dal-2 tsp
Coriander seeds-3 tsp
Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
Asafoetida- a pinch
Coconut – 1 tbsp
Tamarind -1 marble sized
Jaggery – 1 small piece
Oil – 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves – handful,chopped
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan.
- Roast fenugreek seeds,cumin,pepper,red chillies,asafoetida,curry leaves and coconut until brown.
- Grind all the roasted ingredients along with tamarind to a smooth paste.
- Transfer this masala into a vessel,add 4 -5 cups of approx and adjust the consistency.
- Add jaggery,salt to taste and bring the saru to a boil.
- Heat the remaining oil,splutter mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Season it to the saaru.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.