Recipe adapted from : Divine Taste
Ingredients for the tartlets:
Flour – 1 cup (140 g)
Wheat flour -1/2 cup (70 g)
Cold butter -1/2 cup (100 g)
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Lime juice – 1 tsp
Icy cold water – 5-6 tsp or less
Method for the tartlets:
- Take a mixing bowl and add both the flours and sugar.
- Put in the cubed cold butter and mix it with your hands.
- Rub the butter into the flour until there are no lumps and resembles like breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle the lime juice,water and mix quickly until it forms a ball.
- If the mixture is dry add few drops of cold water and sprinkle flour it is sticky.
- Gently knead the dough for 10- 15 seconds,cover the bowl and refrigerate for an hour .
- Roll out the dough to about 3 mm,1/8 ” thick.
- Use a cookie cutter a little bigger than tart moulds.
- Line it in the tart moulds.
- You may also line it in a muffin mould if you do not have tart moulds.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 d c.
- Bake the tartlets in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Once baked,cool it completely and then unmould.
- You may also prepare this tartlets with only flour.
Ingredients for the custard:
Milk – 1 cup + 1/4 cup
Cream – 3/4 cup
Vanilla custard powder -3 tbsp
Sugar – 3 tbsp
Method for the custard:
- Take a sauce pan add 1 cup of milk and cream.
- In a small bowl mix custard powder and 1/4 cup milk and make a smooth paste.
- Mix in sugar to the milk mixture and bring to boil.
- Lastly add custard paste and take a small boil until it thickens.
- Turn off heat and cool it completely.
- Refrigerate for few hours.
Final procedure for tarts:
- Take a tart,spoon little custard.
- Garnish with fruit of your choice.
- I used mixed fruits and mangoes for few.
- You may also use chocolate sauce as filling.
- You may use any filling of your choice.
- I used leftover mango pannacotta as filling for few.
- Refrigerate for few hours and then serve.