Dadpe Pohe is a Maharastrian breakfast and I love Maharastrian food . This is similar to our poha chutney. There are different variations of the recipe. I referred many recipes in the net and tried this recipe.There were recipes which asked to grind coconut and adding tomatoes in the mixture.
Thin poha – 3-4 cups
Freshly grated coconut – 1 cup
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp to garnish
Sugar -2 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Raw groundnuts – handful, roasted in oil
Lime – 1, juice
Oil – 3 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – few
Onion – 2, chopped
Green chillies – 4, chopped
Hing – 1 pinch
Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
- Take a broad mixing bowl and add poha, sugar,coconut and salt.
- Give it a mix.
- Heat oil in a seasoning pan, splutter mustard seeds.
- Add cumin seeds, curry leaves and green chilly.
- Add hing and turmeric powder.
- Add onions and saute for few seconds.
- Keep the onions crisp.
- Add it to the poha mixture.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and roasted groundnuts.
- Mix it well with the hands or smash it well.
- Squeeze lime juice.
- Mix it again.
- Close it with a plate and keep it aside for 10 minutes .
- This enhances the taste.
- Relish it with potato chips, sev or just like that.